A Post Secondary Scholarship for Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, 2-Spirited and Queer Students in Ontario
Bill 7 Award
2013 Application Form
The Bill 7 Award is open to individuals who meet ALL of the following criteria: individuals who are attending a Post-Secondary Educational Institution in the Province of Ontario; who have demonstrated financial need; who are pursuing their FIRST post-secondary program of study; and who identify as lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, and/or queer (LGBTTTQ2S).
Before You Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents, along with their complete applications. These documents may be attached in .pdf, .doc or .txt format.
- a copy of OSAP estimate (if applicable)
- Proof of registration / Acceptance from the post-secondary institution
- Reference letter from a teacher, guidance counsellor, coach, employer, community or social worker, doctor, religious leader or similar professional who can support your application
- A personal statement, 250 words or fewer, detailing why you should be selected as the recipient of the Bill 7 Award.
- You may wish to consider how your studies or future work will contribute to the improvement of the LGBTTTQ community and/or provide us with any other information you feel we should know about you that will make you a good candidate, such as children, family, relationships, disabilities, experiences of discrimination, living situation, geographic context, etc.
The Ontario Work Study Plan
Applicants may also want to investigate the Ontario Work Study Plan. This program helps Ontario students find part-time employement during the school year.